When we like a person too much and we have been sharing many experiences with them, even without having had a relationship as such, it is difficult for us to forget that person, especially if they have left a large emotional mark on us. How to forget a person? How to forget someone you like a lot? In this Psychology-Online article, we are going to give you a series of useful tips so that you can finally know how to forget that person you like and do not correspond to.
Why is it hard to forget someone you really like?
Some of the most common causes for which it is difficult for us to forget someone we really like are the following:
- To be in love. As we said before when we fall in love, even our brain chemistry changes and it really is as if in those moments we find ourselves being and acting as if we were another person. A person in love is capable of doing almost any kind of crazy thing for the loved one without even thinking about the possible consequences, we idealize that person too much, even thinking that he is perfect, we love his company and we feel the famous “butterflies in the stomach” just by looking at it. This causes separation from her to cause us so much pain and frustration.
- Having spent a lot of time with him (her). Another important issue to take into account is the time we invest in that person, especially if we used to frequent them a lot and it was even part of our daily routine. So now that we are without it, we can get to feel alone and misplaced.
- Having had many things in common. When we felt a very strong connection with another person, we felt easily understood by them and we had many things in common that we liked, this makes the bond that had united us very strongly, so obviously it becomes more difficult to overcome the end of the relationship.
- Still have contact with him (her). When we like a person a lot, if we pretend to forget them but keep in touch with them, it is more difficult for us to overcome them. This is because staying in touch causes us not to lose hope to be by his side again and we live as in a kind of emotional roller coaster that does not allow us to be calm.
- Be aware of what you do. When we have, for example, that person on social networks and we are constantly looking at what he does or does not do, what is in his life, who he goes out with, etc., we only make our pain last longer.
Have friends in common. When you have friends in common with the person you like a lot, it is more difficult to forget her, since she will always remain the subject of conversation between them and you will even have to live with her continuously, which will make your process of improvement more difficult.
How to forget someone you really like and don’t like you – 6 useful tips
When we fall in love with someone, even our brain chemistry changes and this gives us the feeling of wanting to be with that person all the time, we feel that our world revolves around them and we experience twice as much happiness when we are by their side. However, when we are no longer with that person, the opposite happens and that great happiness can truly turn into a nightmare. If you find yourself in this situation and you don’t know how to get over someone, how to forget a love or how to forget an ex, here are the tips you need.
Tips to forget someone who no longer loves you
How to forget someone who does not love you? Some tips that can help you forget someone you really like and stop suffering for not being by their side, are the following:
- Lose contact with that person. It is necessary, at least until you have overcome that situation, that you totally lose contact with the person you really like. Stop following her on social media, visiting places where she usually goes frequently, talking to her constantly, etc. At least for a while, try not to know anything about that person.
- Spend time with yourself. Stop spending time talking about that person, trying to find and/or think about them and focus on yourself. Remember the things you enjoy so much, your hobbies, spend time with your friends, family and the people that matter most to you. Try to do what is in your power to increase your individual well-being and dedicate yourself to that alone.
- Do exercise. If you feel sad, dejected, and have constant thoughts about what you lived with that person, exercise will help you increase your emotional and physical well-being, it will increase your energy and enthusiasm, which will help you to forget that person. person.
- Avoid talking about that person. If you want to vent, talk about your feelings with a trusted person or two. What it is not recommended that you do is that you talk to each and every one of the people you know about whom you like a lot since you reinforce more and more what you feel about her, you remember her at all times and, therefore, it will take much longer to forget it.
- Give time to the time. Do not despair if now you feel unable to forget that person, it is normal for this to happen to you, however, over time that feeling will diminish and you will be able to feel better little by little.
If you had a relationship with that person that has recently ended, you can consult the advice in the article How to be strong in a couple of breakups. On the other hand, if the person you like is in another relationship, it can help you to know how to forget about a married man.
How to forget someone you love?
The pain you now have is caused in part by your own thoughts that keep invading your mind at every moment. Those thoughts that you have every day about everything you lived with that person and that now seem to be having them at every moment, will not allow you to carry out your daily routine in a normal way or be calm even though at this moment what you are experiencing be positive.
Tips to forget someone who does not love you
How to forget a man or a woman who does not love you? It is important that you learn to focus your mind on the present moment and that you put all your attention on it so that those thoughts of anguish and pain caused by the separation from that person, cease more and more. A tool that is very useful so that you can achieve it and train your mind to be more in the here and now, is mindfulness or meditation, which will help you find more calm and tranquility in your day to day and eliminate those thoughts that only cause you unnecessary suffering.
This article is merely informative, in Psychology-Online we do not have the power to make a diagnosis or recommend treatment. We invite you to go to a psychologist to treat your particular case.